Tuesday, January 11, 2011

... A FRESH NEW START ...

I have decided to try this blog thing again this year. I am determined to document our lives. So, here goes ... this is my life in Twenty Eleven.

Here are five things capturing me right now ...

1. There is something about a new year just begining, it just makes me want to purge unneeded things in my house and organize. It seems that Brad and I are memory keepers, we just don't want to get rid of anything that seems sentimental to us, like we might forget when Sam was one, three, or five. I feel like I have to hold on to old baby bottles, clothes, the crib ... what? My dad's old clothes, shoes, etc. I just don't need these things to keep my memory alive. Stuff just crowding our lives. My mission, this year is to let go of some of these things in my basement.

2. I am patiently waiting for the UPS man to bring my new Project Life album. I am so excited to get started. I can't stop pouring over Becky Higgins blog for inspiration and new ideas. It's my favorite scrapbook album that I have done. I LOVE it. It was a huge commitment, a picture a day, but well worth it. We all love looking through the album, day to day, it completely documents our 2010.

3. I enjoy following other peoples blogs. Sometimes it can feel like I am wasting time and I know Brad doesn't get it, ("why are you reading about these people that you don't know") but I love it! Voyeurism at it's best! There are just so many creative ideas that others have. I love taking their ideas and making them my own!

4. Sam is growing, growing and I can hardly stand it! Of course, I love every age that he becomes, but this year ... woo! Girls are calling my house, giggling and hanging up. He loves it and secretly, I do too! It makes me all giddy with the feeling of when I was a little girl and starting really calling boys. He is into video games and wants me to watch him at every level. I am going to try to take a little more time this year, to turn off the tv and get off the computer and FOCUS on him. He is growing up faster than I want him to.

5. My wonderful handyman husband is remodeling our basement and I can't wait for it to be done. All the colors, furniture, decorations of it all ... can be overwhelming and also makes my heart pitter patter just at the thought of it all. I can't wait to have it all finished and organized into the wonderfulness that I think it's going to be. I invision lots middle school boys hanging out down there playing video games, drums, piano, guitars ... it fills my heart with joy for them to be hanging out at my house.







No comments:

Post a Comment