Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yummy Summer Treat

Everyone who knows me knows
that I am not the girl who is in the kitchen much

it isn't that I can't cook or bake
it's just that I don't like to
not really at all
{i wish i did}

We'll, for Father's Day/Dalton's Birthday
I decided to bring a recipie
that I saw on food website
it looks so good and seemed simple enough

I didn't tell anyone just incase it didn't work out
but guess what
it was deee-lish
everyone loved it

Sam loved it so much
he begged me to make it later that week

I decided to make it for his birthday party
and again it was a big hit

I am sharing the recipie
for family and friends that have asked


Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips

2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 (16 oz) carton of strawberries, diced
1 tablespoons white sugar (more or less to taste)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (more or less to taste)
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor (I used strawberry)

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
melted butter
2 cups cinnamon sugar

1.In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.

2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3.Coat one side of each flour tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle tortillas with desired amount of cinnamon sugar.
Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a
large baking sheet.

4.Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes.
 Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
Serve with fruit salsa.

Yummy Summer Treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment