Tuesday, April 26, 2011

missing you daddy

Today is the day
the day my dad passed away
three years ago ... today

I seem the same
I act the same
I look the same

but boy, it sure feels different
heavy
even sometimes physically different
my chest, my stomach, my heart
hurts

it's so hard to understand
just how much I miss him

sometimes, I don't even understand

I look at his pictures
and it takes me right back to that moment
His face always makes me smile
always

He was such a presence in my life
in Sam's life
in Brad's life
our entire family

The impact of him not being on this earth anymore
is so strongly felt by so many
... still

It warms my heart, unbelieveably
to know how much he meant to my friends
and to his friends and to his employees

everyone still loves him
and that
means so much to me
and
helps keep him alive


I miss you everyday Daddy,
every.single.day

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, dear friend. Your dad was an amazing man, for sure. I think of him often...and smile every time!!! I know your heart feels heavy, but it always makes me feel better to think of our daddies, laughing, smiling, story telling...together. :)
    With love,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete