Saturday, July 16, 2011

from mom with love

Hey there my sweet boy,

I just read about a young boy that took his own life last week, it sounds like he was being bullied by some kids that obviously had no idea how much they were affecting his life.  I have just been so sad reading about this and it made me think about you starting middle school this year and how hard life can feel sometimes.

If only this boy, his name was Hunter, if only Hunter knew that it wouldn't be this bad for very long.  In a week or so things would have gotten better.  The bullies would have moved on to someone or something else.  I wish he could have remembered that lots of people loved him, his family and so many friends.  They are all devastated.


When you are young, you don't realize that things really will get better, sooner than you think.  It sometimes doesn't seem like it, you think everyone will remember an embarrassing moment, or something you've done, but I promise, in a week or so, no one will even care.  You have to trust me on this, I've been there, things always do get better.


If kids are mean to you and they make it too hard to ignore them, please remember that your dad and I are here for you.  Your cousins, your grandma, your friends ... please always remember that you can talk to any of us, we will help you through anything.  There is nothing that we can't get through together, nothing.


Let this be a reminder to you, to never be mean to other kids, no matter what.  Try to stand up for the kids that are different or don't have as many friends as you do. Be confident in yourself and be proud.

So, my sweet boy, I know that we have have talked to you about these things before ... but after reading about Hunter, I just felt like I needed to let you know again.  Please be strong my son, and always remember that we love you more than anything in this world!


Photo by Brian Kvidera


To handle yourself, use your head
To handle others, use your heart





No comments:

Post a Comment